Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Entirely uncool: When my VCR decides spontaneously to start chewing the edge of my tape, and pretty much nukes the teaser for Blind Faith (X:WP), and means I can't continue this Xena Fandom Revisited kick I've been on lately.

At least: the fact that it was messing up was evident as I was watching so it didn't shred the tape behind itself, leaving me a nasty surprise in, oh, 2005 or so, the next time I went to watch. Still uncool though.

Vaguely cool: The Museum of Subtext is still around. Sure, it hasn't been updated since I last went there when I was about seventeen, but it's still entertaining. High bandwidth to entertainment ratio, admittedly, but that link skips the front page for you. (A triumph of web-design it isn't.)

Uncool: Even if he was a right-wing extremist, the assassination of Pim Fortuyn. Don't shoot them, just vote against them. Remember, if we're going to be free to be the liberal-minded, overwhelmingly cool people we are, they have to be free to be the slimy nasty horrible people they are.

No Swearing Week: 24 successful hours and counting, despite insomnia, political badness and the VCR. Yay me. But I accidentally said The Other D-Word earlier.