Wednesday, May 08, 2002

I will state this flatly: I love Eurythmics. Dave whatsisname was never anything special, but Eurythmics offers us Annie Lennox in her prime, and Annie Lennox is just frustratingly wonderful. (Frustrating because I'm a writer and there are no words for her wondrousness.)

But that (and the beauty of Angel, the song I'm listening to, aside) isn't what I'm wanting to talk about.

I'm actually thinking of a specific image I noticed in the clip for King and Queen of America, just a fragment of a clip of a woman watching a leopard pacing agitatedly in a cage at a zoo, and then looking around - and she's wearing a leopard-skin coat. There's something in that image, for me, and I'm not sure what - besides sheer bad taste on her part, of course. But there's something powerful symbolic.

Now Playing: Annie Lennox - Angel