Saturday, May 11, 2002

Saturday, 12pm: Well, it's certainly an interesting way to start the weekend.

Woke up this morning... lazed in bed awhile, I was sleepy... Got up... Washed dishes I was too tired to wash before I went to bed last night... Heard Mother get up.

Mum: The fence has blown down.

It occurred to me later: This is just the new facet of the trial that is Non-Swearing Week. As my father always told me, the perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum. Hence I could greet this news only with:

Me: The fence has what?

Anyway, as it turns out, the end section of the corrugated asbestos fence ripped out of its bolts and fell down, leaving a nice, clear gateway into the pedestrian alley running alongside our house. (Perth's suburbs are riddled with these, they're very convenient.) The inconvenience aside, we were suddenly in breach of pool fence laws - not to mention general weirdness statutes. It only occurred to me later I should have grabbed my digital camera and taken pictures of this.

So Dad and I unpacked some stuff that was in the shed and moved an old cupboard thingie from there to block the gap, and braced the remaining end with rope so it doesn't shatter itself. Picture will be forthcoming. (Digital cameras are also the Uber-Cool.)

Today is a day for major furniture rearrangement, so I need to go clean my room to make pathways. Woo freakin' hoo. Later: JAFWA. Scary anime geeks, all so I can watch Kiki's Delivery Service.

Today is also a day for writing my blog in a text file in the knowledge that I won't have a chance to update-it-really until later, and have such tales to tell.