Thursday, May 09, 2002

There's a sort of list/quiz thing I've been seeing on some blogs and livejournals lately. I've been ponderingly how spectacularly ill-suited to me it is. Goes like this:

TEN movies you couldn't live without

Well, personally, I can't come up with one movie I couldn't live without. I very rarely watch movies - and go to the cinemas even more rarely.

NINE albums that are important to you

Easier. Although if half of them are by Sarah McLachlan, do they still count? Also Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, and Tommy and... Well, I have a lot of CDs I like, but I wouldn't describe them as important to me, just music I like.

EIGHT "bands/artists" you couldn't live without

Same problem as above. Frankly, my life would go on even if all my favourite bands and artists died in the same freakish plane crash. Am I too cynical for this? Or just too self-centred?

Or literal-minded?

SEVEN things that annoy you

Only seven?

In Non-Swearing Week?

Okay. People who smoke around children; people who smoke around ME; Manics/Leisure (UWA-specific reference there, sorry); people who are freaky at me on trains; people who don't return their books to the UniSFA library; my father, a lot of the time; people.

SIX of your favourite songs at the moment

"At the moment" makes this work for me. Okay. Possession (Sarah McLachlan), There Must Be An Angel (Eurythmics), Adia (Sarah McLachlan), German Bold Italic (Towa Tei/Kylie Minogue), Another Way (Paul van Dyk), Cartoon Heroes (Aqua).

FIVE TV shows you watch regularly

I don't even watch ONE TV show regularly.

FOUR of your all-time favourite desert-island books

Only four? Um. The White Dragon, Anne McCaffrey; Lucifer Rising, Sharon Bowers; The Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien; The Mote In God's Eye, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

THREE albums you've bought recently

Nothing I've wanted has come out recently!

TWO people that [sic] have influenced your life the most

Miss Daly, yr. 10 English teacher
Talia

ONE thing you could spend the rest of your life with

Oxygen.

I had to put a smart-aleck answer in there somewhere.