Thursday, May 09, 2002

Huh.

I guess it's one of those signs that you live in an advanced and peaceful society that cigarettes are just... cigarettes, rather than the focus of a major smuggling problem. Easy solution: everybody quit smoking already, it's bad for you and it's annoying to me.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I can see arguments both ways. On the one hand, genocide and war crimes are, it seems, difficult enough to prosecute regardless, and all the evidence they can get they need. On the other, it's a credible point that this could put the journalist(s) in danger, and also make it harder to get the information that feeds the witch-hunts; yet on the gripping hand, you'd think someone who volunteers to be a war correspondent would expect a certain measure of personal danger.

Now Playing: Sarah McLachlan - Adia