Saturday, May 11, 2002

I've changed things so that fewer posts show at once on the main page. Before it showed a week's at a time, and I'm just too dang verbose for that.

I went to JAFWA for the first time last night. Surprisingly, I had a good time. I was there for Kiki's Delivery Service, and they showed an episode of Card Captor Sakura, which I love. But the other eps - halfway through serieses I knew nothing about - were surprisingly entertaining. So, yay. Although I got hit by my friend for suggesting that Ursula was so hitting on Kiki.

My cat, Mouse, is in failing health. It's saddening. A lot of the time she wants things, but she doesn't know what she wants and can't tell us what. This morning I made her very happy by letting her follow me into the bathroom. The other day I found some old photos of her - when she was sleek, and athletic, and young. We used to keep her food on top of the deep freeze, over a metre off the ground - she'd jump their lightly to eat. Her favourite spot for sleeping was a shelf a metre and a half off the ground, no access but a direct jump - now she has to work to get up on to the couch. Come to that, she has to take extreme care to get off it again.

<sigh>